Tuesday 18 February 2014

Love collects

I remember the look in your eyes 
When you take me along for that little togetherness and love
Love, where your thoughts are changing and mine dress each clothesline 
That hangs from buildings 
And you find me reconciled to memories and names 
I see you ebb away to posters and people around
I realised the mistake each time and bit my lips within 
Why do I do this to you?
When you love me like no one ever loved me 
When you loved me with pronouns and epithets 
With so much patience 
With the impenetrable and unseen 
With clove eyes and gumption 
I know you love me to outcomes and unsaid
Our language has touched in laughter and impalpable sighs
Our bodies don't speak
They have lost their voice 
Or perhaps you want me to ask you to split and join my other half?
Like spilled memories across my pillow 
You have been absorbing all that I inhabit 
All that is unpolished 
All that has forgotten grace and dance.
I once wanted you to hold the words 
To hold us together in faith and grace 
I realise I ask too much of you 
You too have me in unchained loving 
So last night when you called and 
Butterflies gushed over my mouth and cleavage 
You stared and withheld
I wanted to draw you to vision and the irrefutable 
Love is obscene 
Of you not so hesitant and planting commandments
And me riding over memories and insisting 
Spring and shadows serene
Under your eyes 
The muscles flexed 
And You let go of butterflies to aquatic hues
In an insomniac night 
Love collects in blushes and denials.

Painting by Lynn Noelle Rushton 

5 comments:

  1. Beautifully written. Tenderness oozes from every expression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And me riding over memories and insisting
    Spring and shadows serene

    Reminds me of Nandy's
    Riding the Midnight River
    We reached a new dream called Summer

    Wonderful Poulome

    ReplyDelete