Sunday 16 March 2014

I wanted to write this love song

I wanted to write this love song 
That will last in music 
I unravelled all that I had written 
All that I was meaning to send 
All that I wrapped in silks and touches 
All that had remained wrapped in some solstice
All that had walked 
Hand in hand, together into that mist behind memory 
I wanted to go back and feed on those feelings 
Just to write about 
the wet walls behind my back
The exploding taste of the strawberry Popsicle
 that melted in mouth and lungs
Planting memories to rain that rivered the city and bodies 
The cats fell into invisible corners
The dogs had crowded the patio 
The city was washing its dirty corners 
And you were language to my new found limbs
The room must have held silence and clusters of being 
I still hunt words and gather the other side of lamentation and dry heartbeats 
the fissures open 
And I scatter to wet racing and rankling 
Never ever finding the words that would heap and fill it to an ever weeping lagoon 
Hidden love stories have a perpetual weight 
Time escapes enchaining it to appearances 
Seen and Unheard
That never makes it to a love song  
Words whirl and still dance 
devoid of shadows and presences

I wanted to write this love song
That will last in longing

3 comments:

  1. Feels like someone has touched ... gently .. so sensual.
    Poulome you are adorable!
    We have an Emily in making

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful love poem.Keep expressing...keep posting.

    ReplyDelete