Monday 23 December 2013

When last Autumn I visited your house

There were lilies in your garden,
when last Autumn I visited your house
They were so large, fragrant and proud
and we stood so full of everything and sunshine.
Outside, your white walls
amidst their pink warmth,
as if sharing secrets I longed to tell you.
Amidst their numerous
And my disbelief, we discussed love
and spring.
I suppose they never told you
We talked about flower men and crushes,
How I blushed
as they swayed in laughter with the breeze
I suppose they never told you
How they felt
when you left footmarks by their side
How they missed you
And ached for your tender, warm fingers
I suppose they never told you
I too left my footmarks that morning,
I wanted yours to cover mine.
I wanted them to kiss your feet
like a dying man kisses his would be widow
for that one last time.

Sitting years later in a december afternoon
I want to go back to your autumn Lilies
Just to ask, 'Did the footprints meet?'
and leave it unspoken "Do you still grow lilies?"

Picture from the net 

Lilium Candidum by Svetlan Stefanov







    4 comments:

    1. Poulome your sensitive romance captured in the words of your poetry, just rejuvenated me .... I can never be tired of reading your beauttiful renditions....
      Such a joy it is to read your work!!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Awesome poetry passionately penned. The sweet memories 'flash upon that inward eye which is the bliss of solitude'..

      ReplyDelete