Friday 20 December 2013

Poor,yours and defined

I want to meet you over heartbreaks
When your eyes will caress the purple rings under mine,
I want to meet you across closed doors
When we just have memories spilled across the sides,  
I want to meet you over your crumbling years
We won't have our passionate denials,
I want to meet you over some  infidelities
I will dissolve myself in contained deities with my religion traversed.
I want to meet you over fun, frolic and picnics 
I can be wary of your eyes following  me in weightless love
I want to meet you in insomnia 
In silent darkness, on a pink bedspread, in timeless connival of moist cocoa butter
seething restless on my misty skin
I want to meet you when you walk away
When I go prophetic to deny my blinding fears
I want to meet you in a cemetery, exhausted over bodiless souls
Who knows, you may descend to the memoirs on the pungent smell
You may return to the madness of love and life 
I want to meet you in hospital beds
My last wounds will birth you in healing. 
I want to meet at the church then 
To belong and to be your bride. 
Dressed in all that finery of convictions 
Rich, poor, yours and defined.

1 comment: