Sunday 5 July 2015

Love in the backyard

Love could have been all those things
that we had planned
Years back when we planted the garden on my backyard
Eyes,smiles,laughter,voices had strolled hand in hand
Brushing arms and wombs
Night caressing the happiness that tingled infected and young
Growing thick in the green curls of leaves and breeze
The rain whispered and hissed
Helplessly melting in the belly of flowers 
Today when I cross the kitchen 
I miss the garden 
Behind the plush curtains 
bought from the neighbourhood sale 
The price seemed just right
Like chopped dreams
Like my sorted and tentative
I do not know if I have begun to accept 
The disquiet of things, dust fastened and hazed 
Lying in the pulpy pages of beseeching springtime 
Sprawling in books 
some men like you and women like me 
Unnerving elephantine and winged

Love could have been all those things 
That I let go when I miss the garden 
Which we planted in my backyard

No comments:

Post a Comment