Monday 6 January 2014

Our love was an overnight bag

We never made promises
So that you never have to keep them.
We never had battles like the rest 
So no such passionate interlude ever paved
There were no edible stories, no blossomed breeze
We were in blooms within 
We had a fiction of you coming back home to me 
In tie and cufflinks 
And I had  prose of me going back to all your boundless 
caressing your inheritances 
of phobias, of fears, of nothing, 
of that little in between 
precious and sterile.
We had a surviving little nothing over dissolved and advanced

You never allowed our bodies to stain over mind
I have been safe in there, as safe
as a woman would be once hurt and in need of a haven
And I never asked you to remove our moist soil 
Unspoken, bound and betrayed within
Our love bore flowers and growth 
Each morning since then I waited for the trees adorned
and the season's been nine months 
Expecting and never pregnant
It's been so long since I have lost count of my yellow summers 
And shawl wrapped winters
They were Ruskin's seven husbands 
Loving, with rapid stubble 
But now we have our rain and betrayal
In overnight bags, packed to discretely leave rooms
Who ever said we needed spoken and shed? 
Who ever said I only believe in promises? 
Whoever said my eyelashes won't break wet when you talk of letting go.
Whoever said 
I never made you promises 
And I never have to keep them.....

Our love was an overnight bag packed to leave rooms

 
Edited by Dr Ampat Koshy 

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful! throbbing with intensity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very high standards of writing. Comes straight from the heart to the keyboard. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so wonderful of you to read my work. Thank you Pankaj ji

      Delete
  3. Pain drop by drop falls on the petals of love and the poet in Poulami blooms in the morning glow of creativity..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful piece in thought, concepts, feelings and style. A novel poem.

    ReplyDelete