Tuesday 18 September 2012

The moon’s been travelling with me...


The moon’s been travelling with me since evening

It’s been his old way of life


We have done so many lanes and by lanes together


So many impulsive pavements to parks


So much of immemorial discretions to art


He followed me to bronze coloured knobs


to the evening's promise of night


I wonder why he has to wait outside at the cathedral spires?


Why follow me to certain smells of sundown


to this frenzy of coming undone in the deepest of nights?


He faithfully watches the reflections through the stained window glass;


Couldn’t we have just said goodbye at the doorstep without his silver white shadows tangling with mine?!


Oh moon, I wish to hide


Let me hide in certain wounded nights…


No comments:

Post a Comment